Monday, July 26, 2010

More poetry

I've decided to share more of my poetry. The first one is the orginal that I wrote. The second is sort of a spin off of the first one. It is what the last paragraph of the first would have turned into if it were its own poem. Again, do not steal or re-print this anywhere. Thank you. Love, Liz.
p.s. the first doesn't have much to do with my life. The second is about a couple different things. Please do not read into them too much. Also, I don't want you to worry that you caused any of the anger poured into these lines...if you have the url to my blog, you didn't. I just don't want you to worry.
p.p.s. I would love feedback =]

Roar

Your memory has broken me past the point of recovery
So while I mourn the loss of what I never had
You wake up at night for a reason unknown.
You can't place a finger on what you've done
But I know you are regretting it the same

You pulled my emotions to the edge
My nerves are to their breaking point
I scream in frustration, you shudder from anger
Two are left unhappy in a world where chaos roars.

I walk the streets to forget
You sit in bed wishing you could
I welcome new disturbances
To change my old routine
You toss and turn as your mind roams
The places in between.

You pulled my emotions to the edge
My nerves are to their breaking point
I scream in frustration, you shudder from anger
Two are left unhappy in a world where chaos roars.

You place the crown upon your head because of course you are the best
Your flawless show will always mask your feelings of unrest
I watch your ego grow and always wish I could speak up
But your crown is too heavy and you always fall before I can wake up.

.....................................................................................................

Crown

you put your crown upon your own head
you know that you are best
pull on your robe, your silver shoes
your facade of love and truth
what would the world do without the ego that is you?

you walk down the famed red carpet
you know the world is yours
I watch you fake a smile and laugh to show you really care
I glare from the side and watch you not notice

the people who were always there.

you act like you aren't broken
you see the world as yours
but I know when no one's watching
you hear the chaos roar.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Hun. See you in high school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are both really good :D ...but now im wondering whos inflated ego is bugging you...

    ReplyDelete