Saturday, July 17, 2010

Poetry

I tend to write a lot of poetry. This is a fact about me that generally goes unknown. I used to write terrible, very cliche poetry when I was younger and I didn't have a problem showing people. Now I only let around 3 people read it. I don't know why, but I decided to put one on here. Just a disclaimer, this doesn't actually have anything to do with my life. None of my current poems do. This one doesn't have a title but here it is. Don't steal it. Luv, Liz
p.s. it's sort of dark. Just warning you.

I messed up
I'm sorry about your luck
you're stuck with me.
I wish something better for you
Would come along
And maybe give you hope to carry on.

When I said what I said
(I know you remember)
I didn't mean a word of it.
I tried to protect you from me
But it only dug you deeper in the ground.
I pray that you'll escape these walls I've built

That you find what you're looking for
outside my designation

I threw away my world (please keep yours)
I took away the best of you (and numbed it for myself)
I tried to tell you (you wouldn't listen)
And now you share the pain I've felt.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Liz that was beautiful!I feel like i could have been reading that out of a book!
    <3

    ReplyDelete