Don't judge me. It was really late and I was half asleep, probably hallucinating, and I scribbled this out before passing out into bed.
Use me, take me, play me, break me, write me over, crumple me up and throw me out.
It's all that I want, it's all that you'll give, it's all I expect.
So soak me up, take me in, absorb the rays coming off of my skin.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Soon I'll leave, you'll have no one to etch your life across.
I know you can't stand it so there's my advantage.
And I'll take it be sure.
I'll have left you and derive all of my joy from the way you rust
and blow away in the wind.
When you are no more, I can spread my wings and be the person as a child I imagined I'd me.
It's all I can expect of you.
Love,
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment