Friday, July 30, 2010

All Time Favorite Songs

Just one more list by yours truly. There are songs that are my current favorite songs (right now, I Don't Wanna Dance and Wish You Were Here by Hey Monday) which are usually whatever new song I just found. I go on a rampage where that's all I'll listen to for days. But they usually don't stick with me. I have a few songs that I just love every time I hear them and I listen to all the time and I love them. These are the songs that never change. Here we go. I'll include an explanation for why I like each one.
Seed
The Academy Is...
Santi
TAI has a few songs that people recognize. These are the pop based songs that I do not enjoy nearly as much. Santi was by far their best album out of their 4 albums. Off this CD came hits that true fans of TAI love. Same Blood, LAX To O'Hare, We've Got A Big Mess On Our Hands, and so on. The last 4 songs are really the hidden gems (I hate to use that cliche phrase but I don't know how else to put it.) Seed isn't as harsh and in your face as the other songs. It's a bit slower, softer, and overall sounds more heartfelt. Not sure exactly what it is about it, but it sticks with me and I love it.
All I Wanted
Paramore
Brand New Eyes
If you listen to Paramore as much as I do, you know that Haley (the singer incase you don't know...you should. I shouldn't have to tell you that.) doesn't usually sing falsetto. While she has a pretty insane range, you get used to hearing her stay inside that range. Over time of listening to every song they've sung over and over and over, you learn how high she can hit. In All I Wanted, she stays within that range. You listen to it and think that it's a good song. 2:45 in, she sings a line. A simple line that has been repeated throughout the song "All I wanted was you." But she sings that line so powerfully, so high, so full bodied and full of emotion. As a friend of mine put it, "that note is the closest you can get to a scream with it still being musical." And it's gorgeous. That line made me fall in love with the song. Right now (or as soon as you're done reading this) I want you to get this song (iTunes, Napster, youtube, whatever.) and I want you to listen to it with your eyes closed in a dark room. It gives me chills every time.
Hush
Automatic Loveletter
Truth Or Dare
This song has been on 3 of their albums. The original (the version I fell in love with) the re-done (I don't like this one) and the one on Truth Or Dare. While I love the original, Truth Or Dare's version shows how her voice has evolved and gotten even more beautiful. Her voice isn't what you would call perfect. Have you listened to Celtic Women? Their voices are so pure and sweet. Juliet Simms is basically the opposite. Her voice is raspy, it cracks, and sometimes squeaks. But that's what makes her unique. It allows her to put so much more emotion, so much more of herself into her music. Hush is a very emotional song and the lyrics are so perfect. I literally almost cry every time I hear this song. It is beautiful.
So those are my favorite songs. If you want to make my day, comment saying what your favorite song is. Love, Liz
p.s. I started hating the orange. So it's back to normal. Ahh I feel better.

2 comments:

  1. DUDE!!! i was sick of the orange as well. when i got on and saw it was black again i started to dance...on the inside. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey are you freaking out about high school as much as i am, or is it just me?! i mean, you're comfortable being in big schools and stuff, but i'm really nervous! and what are we going to do this weekend?

    ReplyDelete