Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lot's of stuff...

Sorry about all of the nonposts within the last few weeks. A lot of stuff has happened since the last post. I saw a bunch of bands in concert a while ago. I saw The Swellers, Paper Route, and Paramore the first night and the second night was You Me At Six, The Secret Handshake, Set Your Goals, The Academy Is..., and Mayday Parade. The shows were fantastic and if I'm smart enough I'll figure out a way to upload videos and pictures. After the first show I met Nick (singer for The Swellers) and he was super nice. Then I met another member (name escapes me...that makes me feel bad) and he tried so hard to convince me to buy their album. I ended up buying a shirt and when the guys signed my mini poster the guitarist made an arrow pointing the album title with the note "you better buy this!" After exiting HOB I found Paper Route standing outside. They had been so amazing live- 5 guys playing multiple instruments that sounded so unique when put together. The first guy I met (Chad. I remember his name because he opened my CD when I couldn't and then introduced himself and asked my name) was talking to me and another girl about how we thought the show was. I met everyone in the band and when I told them how cool I thought their act was they seemed so shocked that I liked it as much as I did. They were very modest. The second night was just as good if not better (I'm going with the latter...you'll see why soon enough). At the beginning of the show TAI was at a booth signing posters and stuff and we were not supposed to touch them. I got a hug from William Beckett, high fived Michael Guy Chislett and Adam Siska, and shook hands with Mike Carden. Also, William told me that he would look for me in the crowd because I told him this was my second time seeing them- both times for my birthday. I actually have a video where he looks right at me and I think points. The first act of the night was You Me At Six. They were a smaller UK band that was actually pretty good. The lead singer was really charismatic. He was jumping all over the stage, encouraging the audience, and dancing. They did a really cool cover of Pokerface by Lady GaGa and they totally pwned her...their version was WORLDS better. Next was The Secret Handshake. I thought they were really good...AND THEN THEY GOT BETTER. The singer says "ok, now we are going to play the gayest song we know. It's awful but I love it." They then proceeded to play Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus. Next was Set Your Goals. I'm not even going to bother describing their act because it sucked. Badly. Then was TAI (swoon). They were the best of the night (of course). One thing I love about them is that William Beckett is possibly the most charismatic (now there's a word I haven't used at ALL in this post...) and energetic singer. He's up there jumping off of everything he can stand on (including the drums), running around the stage, swinging the mic by it's cord, even throwing the mic stand up in the air and catching it, spinning it, and doing all this cool stuff with it. Then was Mayday Parade. I was actually sitting down through most of their performance, not because I didn't like them, but because I was sick. Show ended, curtains close, we grab some merch and leave. My mum is going to the car to grab the camera and I see William Beckett standing outside surrounded by fans. I walk over in time to hear him say that he's going to have to leave soon. So I tap him on the shoulder and ask for a quick picture to which he replies "sure". I hold out the phone, take the picture, turn and kiss him on the cheek, say "love you" and walk off. The girl standing next to him starts laughing and turns to me and says "that was so slick! That was awesome! Good job!" That just about made my life.
In other, less exciting news, I was Draco Malfoy for halloween and was called gay by a man in a pirate outfit. I'm sorry, but I'm not the gay one in this picture, hun.
Last night, I watched "The Village". It was so dumb. I mean, I was expecting something that would at least freak me out a LITTLE. It was way too Hollywood. Let's send the blind girl, alone, out into a forest filled with bloodthirsty monsters! Oh yeah, did I mention that she's BLIND?! I mean, really? And the ending really bugged me too. I also watched I Am Legend. That movie was much better but again, I wasn't really fond of the ending. It was a great movie though.
This post was super long and I'm sorry about that. I'm going to go now and try not to get so behind again.
Luv,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. I don't know who you are, but I just wanna say that I love this post and the whole William Beckett thing. Absolutly effing amazing! I wish I would have done that when I met him on the Sleeping with Giants tour xD
    ~ Lexi

    ReplyDelete