Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince

I saw Half Blood Prince at midnight tonight and oh. my. god. It was absolutley AH-MAZ-ING!!! Sure, they changed the end but it was decent. The end, I mean, not the whole movie.

-SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT!!!-

They completely cut out the fight at the end and Dumbledore's funeral. And, because I am such a Harry Potter Freak, I have to point out every minor thing that they did wrong. So, it WILL contain spoilers.

  • Lupin and Tonks were together at the beginning of the film.
  • Fleur never came back. Since we're on this topic, Bill never appeared. If Fleur never came back and Bill wasn't there, how are they going to do the wedding scene in Deathly Hallows? I mean, Bill and Fleur can't just show up and say "We met again and have fallen in love. We're going to get married now." They're marriage took time.
  • Since Bill was never injured, since there was not a fight, Molly never accepted Fleur, which is totally fine, because they might not even get married now!!!!
  • The Death Eaters appeared at the Weasly house and set it on fire and they had this "children of the corn" vibe going on.

And since I can't be pessimistic without being optimistic, I'll include some things they got absolutley perfect.

  • Draco's anguish at having to kill Dumbledore
  • The room of requirement
  • The inferi
  • Harry ginving Dumbledore the potion

Since it is 3:38 in the morning, I do have to go.

Luv,

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment